uhid device file format

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Mon Mar 14 03:21:31 PST 2005

I'm curious where the format of data coming in on uhid is.  Are there
any good documents on this other than the source code.  Looking at
freebsd.org, I don't see many technical documents describing the usb
subsystem.  It looks like the first byte is the report id from the hid
descriptor, and following that are the bytes from the report.  My usb
keyboard/mouse combo provides three different reports on uhid0 according
to the hid descriptor it provides. One report is a byte long, the other
two are 4 bytes long, but each line I read is 10 bytes long.  What are
the other 5 bytes for?

I'm been able to successfully decode the first five bytes and now I can
read all the multimedia keys and mouse events so I'm wondering what is
left.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2