kern/62088: [usb] Logitech Cordless/Optical Mouse not working

Jonathan Heaney jonathan.heaney at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 10 02:00:19 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR kern/62088; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jonathan Heaney <jonathan.heaney at btinternet.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org,
	jonathan.heaney at blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: kern/62088: [usb] Logitech Cordless/Optical Mouse not working
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:59:00 +0000

 Hi

 Sorry for the delay in responding.  My email address has changed to the
 btinternet account.  Is there any way the bug report can be updated with
 my new email address?

 I'm having serious difficulty in checking whether this has been fixed or
 not.  I've been trying to get up and running for two days now, with
 varying degrees of success.

 The intellimouse patch posted earlier is the only way I've been able to
 get it to work yet.

 I've tried the 6.0 'test' ISO dated 5th February, but it hangs at boot
 (looks like a scsi card problem).

 After installing a clean 5.3, and going throgh cvsup etc etc (using
 standard-supfile), but I seem to be getting lots of DMA timeouts - I've
 got a SATA hdd on a SiL3112A controller, but the drive checks out fine,
 which means I have been unable to complete a make
 buildworld/buildkernel/installkernel/installworld sequence without the
 system hanging and/or my /usr partition getting hosed.

 The closest I have come to successful completion is a system hang at the
 final mergemaster stage before rebooting.  Even then, there were DMA
 timeouts during make installworld.

 I'll try again tomorrow, but I have one question re standard-supfile -
 the entry in it was for RELENG_5_3 - should that be RELENG_5?

 I can't confirm whether disabling the ums entry in /etc/usbd.conf lets
 me have the mouse plugged in and the keyboard working.