Belkin PS/2 to USB converter, Not Pointing

Jed Clear clear at alum.mit.edu
Fri Mar 4 23:40:31 GMT 2005

Installing the IOGear GCS1734 USB KVM seems to have made the whole issue go away.

Of course installing the KVM took a few tries to find the "right" power
cycling and reboot combination to get any functionality.  It looked like the
whole USB infrastructure of the KVM was DoA, initially.

On the other hand, neither mouse, nor keyboard, was working until I moved the
KVM USB to the other USB port on the AX5 motherboard.

Ah, the joys of old hardware.  I'll probably get a new USB keyboard and
trackball one of these days.  The trackball lost even more functionality under
widows with this latch up, than with the old KVM.

-Jed