usb/82660: EHCI: I/O stuck in state 'physrd'/panic

Stefan Walter sw at gegenunendlich.de
Wed Jun 29 13:58:09 GMT 2005

[Cc'd usb@, maybe someone else wants to comment on this, too.]

Hans Petter Selasky, 29.06.05, 12:25h CEST:

> On Tuesday 28 June 2005 19:23, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Hans Petter Selasky, 26.06.05, 14:15h CEST:
> > > I know there is bug related to the alignments of hardware structures in
> > > the existing EHCI driver. The EHCI driver works with generic intel chips,
> > > but not others.
> > >
> > > Could you have tried my USB driver and see if the problem is the same?
> >
> > I tried your driver today, but unfortunately the same thing happened: I/O
> > got stuck after reading a few KBytes.
>
> OK, then your problem is most likely inside /sys/dev/usb/umass.c.
>
> Try "sysctl hw.usb.umass.debug=15" while you have the my driver in the kernel,
> hence it has got debugging flags enabled by default. Else you need to add
> something like "option USB_DEBUG" to your kernel config file. I'm not sure if
> you can compile the modules with debugging support unless you use my USB
> driver.
>
> See if any errors show up.
>
> Then try "sysctl hw.usb.debug=15". See if any errors appear.

I tried that with the official FreeBSD driver for now (USB_DEBUG and ehci
in the kernel).

hw.usb.umass.debug=15 didn't show me any messages during the transfer,
only when (dis)connecting the device. hw.usb.debug=15 dumped a lot of
output. It's available here:

http://www.gegenunendlich.de/stuff/messages_-_until_pullout.bz2
(Output before I pulled the stick out again)
http://www.gegenunendlich.de/stuff/messages_-_after_pullout.diff
(Output after pulling it out)

I haven't tried the same with your driver, yet - would that bring more
info?

Regards,
Stefan