usb/81621: external hd hangs under load on ehci

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Sat Jun 18 13:00:42 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR usb/81621; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gerrit =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=FChn?= <gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To: Rojer <myself at rojer.pp.ru>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: usb/81621: external hd hangs under load on ehci
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:50:49 +0200

 On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 02:09:41AM +0400, Rojer wrote:

 > compiling with PREEMPTION did not help at all...

 Besides, your problem seems to be different from the one I reported. I see
 the stalls even when using dd, and they're limited to the mentioned Vosoniq
 XS-drive; other devices like my iRiver player work fine (though a bit slow).
 However, until now I've only tried writing to the device which gave those
 stalls. Your mail gave me the idea that reading might be a different thing -
 I'll try that.

 cu
   Gerrit