USB Optical Mouse

John McAree john at mcaree.org
Tue Jun 14 00:23:26 GMT 2005

Sorry for the continuing noise, guys, but I just want to say that this
patch has worked a treat for me. It's not perfect, the mouse jumps
around the screen a bit and doesn't seem to recognise clicking
occasionally. Hard disk activity seems to affect it. But it's still very
usable, and better than no mouse at all. :-) Will, next time you're in
Ireland, you'll have a pint of Guinness bought for you. Thanks for
pointing me to where Google couldn't.

John.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:20:49PM +0100, John McAree said:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 04:10:08PM -0400, Will Saxon said:
> > There is a one line fix recorded in PR/63837 which will probably work
> > for you.
> >
> > I have to do this every time I check out a new set of sources. I have
> > harased the list about this multiple time... Nobody seems to be
> > interested in fixing this problem for good.
>
> Thanks Will, I'll try that patch. I guess all the searching I did wasn't
> quite enough! I'll report back when I patch /usr/src and recompile the
> kernel.
>
> John.

I wear the cheese; It does not wear me.