usb degradation with FreeBSD 4 -> 5 upgrade

Vladimir Chukharev chu at h33.erkki.ton.tut.fi
Sat Jul 2 13:57:50 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have Cannon IXUS 400 digital camera. I use gtkam
to load the photos from it to my computer under FreeBSD-4
Under FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE gtkam cannot make connection the camera.
I have asked already in freebsd-usb@ list
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2837+0+archive/2005/freebsd-usb/20050529.freebsd-usb
but received no response.

Now I found out a bit more information about the problem,
namely I attach the output of the command
   env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug -l 2> gphoto.out1

I suspect that the problem is in the USB stack of FreeBSD -STABLE,
but how to demonstrate this? What can I do to narrow possible
reasons down?

Best regards,
--
V.Chukharev