usb/82660: EHCI: I/O stuck in state 'physrd'/panic

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sat Jul 2 13:53:01 GMT 2005

On Friday 01 July 2005 13:42, Stefan Walter wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky, 01.07.05, 12:10h CEST:
> > Could you try to reproduce the error while logging?
>
> OK, seems like it did behave differently this time - after I pulled out, I
> didn't get the "umass0: CAM poll" messages. This time's output is here
> (again, the mtools process got stuck in state 'physrd'):
>
> http://www.gegenunendlich.de/stuff/messages-umass-until-pullout.bz2
> http://www.gegenunendlich.de/stuff/messages-umass-after-pullout.diff

The end of the log is just before you pulled out your device, when the error
happened, right?

I'm not sure what is wrong. From what I can see the problem is in an upper
layer, hence UMASS's USB transfers should timeout at least, if they get
stuck. While having [umass] debugging enabled, could you have tried playing
around with "camcontrol" and see if it changes anything:

man camcontrol
camcontrol devlist
camcontrol reset scbus0:0:0

# replace "0:0" with "target" and "lun" for the device you are reading from

Could you have tried another brand of USB 2.0 flash disks and see if the
problem is the same?