stack synchronization

Boris Dinkevich dinkevich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 23:07:51 PST 2005

Hello everyone,

I see no reference to giant locking in 5.3 (except in event/task threads)

Does this not affect performance when multiple devices are connected to the
host ?

Also, I have seen a modification to the bsd stack by Hans Petter Selasky,
where he uses per bus mtxes for locking,
is this not the better approach to the problem ?

Interrupt is synced via Giant ?

Best Regards
Boris Dinkevich