kern/71887: [kbd] Losing keyboard after plugging a bluetooth usb dongle

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Sun Jan 9 21:20:25 PST 2005

The following reply was made to PR kern/71887; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, sthommerel at osiatis.com
Subject: Re: kern/71887: [kbd] Losing keyboard after plugging a bluetooth
 usb dongle
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 21:19:57 -0800

 This should probably be in "doc" or somewhere..
 maybe in the bluetooth handbook page.

 My Bt adapter also has a keyboard and mouse adapter built in
 and the same thing happens.. It produces the keyboard device
 whether or not it has found a bluetooth keyboard to attach to,
 so having a USB keyboard automatically over-ride teh standard
 keyboard in this situation is dubious at best.

 It probably should not be a USB PR but I can't think of a
 better place..  maybe the PR should just be closed and the
 problem documented.