umass/ugen question

brad beday bbeday at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 00:36:21 GMT 2005

Hi
  I'm new to usb but I was wondering if it is possible
to have a device(a samsung mp3 player - mounting a dos
filesystem doesn't work, time out errors) use the ugen
driver rather than the umass one?  I'm kind of a
hobbiest junior programmer with to much time on my
hands and was wondering if I could attach the ugen
driver to the device rather then umass. Could I then
mount and cp files to it, or write an application that
could write a file to /dev/ugen which would tranfere
the file to the player?  Is there any documentation
out there that could help?  Thanks.