Problems with uhid device.

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Aug 26 12:22:56 GMT 2005

On Thursday 25 August 2005 00:40, John-Paul Andrusky wrote:
> "dmesg | grep usb" gives "usb0: uhci_softintr (0)" repeated over and
> over. With just "hw.usb.uhci.debug=15", I get the following when I
> 'cat' the device, push a button and then
> do a ctrl-c:
>

> TD(0xc1a57ea0) at 1f3ebea0 = link=0x1f3ebec4 status=0x1c000004
> token=0x00810469 buffer=0x001f1d40
>   1f3ebec4<VF> 1c000004<LS>,errcnt=3,actlen=5
> pid=69,addr=4,endpt=2,D=0,maxlen=5 TD(0xc1a57ec0) at 1f3ebec0 =
> link=0x00000005 status=0x1d500000
> token=0x00090469 buffer=0x001f1d45
>   5<T,VF> 1d500000<BABBLE,STALLED,IOC,LS>,errcnt=3,actlen=1
                          ^^^ the transfer has stalled

From what I can remember, the UHCI driver is not doing the interrupt pipes
right.

You can choose between the following:

1) this release is a little old, and I will update it next month:

Download the three files below into a new directory and type
"make install"  (to uninstall type "make deinstall")
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/Makefile
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.diff.bz2
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.tar.bz2

2) this package was updated not long ago, but it will also install an ISDN
system, but that will not cause any trouble.

Download the three files below into a new directory and type "make install".
To uninstall type "make deinstall".

http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/155/Makefile
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.tar.bz2
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.diff.bz2

After install, either recompile the kernel or all USB modules, depending on
how you load the USB drivers. Just ignore the "ihfc" manpage that pops up
when the installation is finished.

If you are using modules, then you have to do the following, before rebooting:

cd /sys/modules/aue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/axe && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/cdce && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/cue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/if_ndis && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/kue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ndis && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/netgraph/bluetooth/ubtbcmfw && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/netgraph/bluetooth/ubt && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/rue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/sound/driver/uaudio && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ubsa && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ubser && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ucom && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ucycom && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/udav && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/udbp && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ufm && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uftdi && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ugen && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uhid && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ukbd && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ulpt && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/umass && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/umct && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/umodem && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ums && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uplcom && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ural && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/urio && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/usb && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uscanner && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uvisor && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uvscom && make depend all install clean

I am assuming that you are using FreeBSD 5/6/7. Turn on UHCI debugging and
post the messages again, if it does not work.