Problems with uhid device.

John-Paul Andrusky jpandrusky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:55:38 GMT 2005

I'm using a saitek gaming keyboard, it has:

ukbd0 -> the keyboard
uhid0 -> volume controls
uhid1 -> the extended game pad

ukbd0 and uhid1 both work fine, (I can `cat /dev/uhid1`, push buttons on the
game pad and see results). However, `cat /dev/uhi0`, destroys the whole usb
tree, i.e. no usb devices work after that. uhid0  is reported as:

Report descriptor:
    Total   input size 0 bytes
    Total  output size 4 bytes
    Total feature size 1 bytes

which doesn't make sense. What's the point of a hid device that you
can only write to? In linux, I can cat both /dev/input/event2 and
/dev/input/event3 and get results. Linux reports uhid0 as:

            Interface Number: 1
                Name: usbhid
                Alternate Number: 0
                Class: 03(HID  )
                Sub Class: 0
                Protocol: 0
                Number of Endpoints: 1

                Endpoint
                    Address: 82
                    Direction: in
                    Attribute: 3
                    Type: Int.
                    Max Packet Size: 5
                    Interval: 10ms

I haven't had time to look into the usb code, which I'd like to.  But
for now, any suggestions?

--
 Cheers,
   John-Paul Andrusky