weird usb problem

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:51:55 GMT 2005

[...]

> > it seems that usb does even detect that device is plugged
> > or something broken in discovery.
> >

> See my PR on this issue. This should have been fixed a long time ago, but I
> have not commit rights :-(
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=usb/79656

well, i looked at the PR but i do not see any patches :( all it says

<quote>

>Fix:

ehci_pcd_enable() must call ehci_pcd() to catch up missed interrupts

ohci_rhsc_enable() must call ohci_rhsc() to catch up missed interrupts

</qoute>

could you please submit the patch? i can test and commit it for you.

> If you want, try out the following and see if the problem dissappears:
>
> Download the three files below into a new directory and type
> "make install"  (to uninstall type "make deinstall")
> http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/Makefile
> http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.diff.bz2
> http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.tar.bz2

that seems like a lot of changes. i tried it and one of the patches
failed completely. are all these changes required to fix the problem?

thanks,
max