Is the freebsd usb generic device driver complete?

paradox algorist2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 23:24:17 PDT 2005

I am using a low speed usb key in freebsd
5.3Release,It has 2 interrupt pipe besides the control
pipe,the IN pipe is endpoint 1,its interval is 20, OUT
pipe is endpoint 2, interval is 10. I wrote a driver
for it in linux,and everything is ok.when I plug the
key in a system with freebsd 5.3release, it find the
key,make 3 nodes ugen0,ugen0.1 and ugen0.2 for it, I
can get those descriptors from ugen0,but I can't wrote
anything in the OUT pipe ugen0.2. from usb analyser I
found the system send the write packet,just like in
linux,but the return is NAK.

I read the code in ugen.c,usbdi.c,uhci.c,usb.c and
usbdi_util.c,and don't know why it set the ival to
USB_DEFAULT_IVAL(0),I contact with Lennart Augustsson
whose name is in the head of those usb codes, he said
he has never run those code in freebsd and he didn't
write the intr write code!

I still can't sure it is because of the non-standard
hardware or software bugs.now I try to write a driver
for the usb key in freebsd, if there has any bugs in
the ugen.c, I hope i can made a patch for it.can
anyone tell me how the intr write designs in the
ugen.c, and why it only use the USB_DEFAULT_IVAL?