Wacom Intuos3 A4 with FreeBSD.

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Tue Apr 26 12:14:43 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 20:40, Peter Ankerstål wrote:
> I have a Wacom Intuos3 A4 (USB) and want it to run under FreeBSD.
> When I boot my computer it says:
> ums0: Tablet PTZ-630, rev 1.10/1.02, addr 2, iclass 3/1
> ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

Seeing this, your mouse should be recognized by the system. And if
"ps aux | grep usbd" shows "/usr/sbin/usbd", a white arrow should show up on
the screeen if you move your USB mouse, before starting X.

> But I've heard that the USB devices will not work under FBSD due
> to lack of kernel-support. Anyone here who knows something about
> it?

Some USB-drivers have to be loaded manually using "kldload", when using the
system-default kernel.

For more information about how to configure ums under X, see "man ums".

--
HPS