usb/74989: (regression) Lost USB support between 5.2.1-RELEASE and 5.3-RELEASE on K7T266 Pro2.

Julien Gabel jpeg at thilelli.net
Thu Apr 14 03:42:00 PDT 2005

Hello,

I made some progress here. After playing with BIOS settings, i am now
able to:
 - Boot with ACPI enable (shutdown -p works as expected now);
 - Use USB devices.

In order to do that, i had to totally disable "APIC Function" in the
BIOS. With "APIC Function" enabled, neither version 1.4 nor 1.1 of the
"MPS Table Version" settings solved my problem.

So, although i meed to disable "APIC Function", all seems to works
correctly together: ACPI support and USB support. As a side note, i
did not encountered anymore the interrupt storm on the uhci USB host
controller driver.

Maybe can someone explain me what may be wrong with "APIC Function",
and if there is some drawbacks to disable it (or what is the purpose
of this setting)?

--
-jpeg.