help with UHID fix / patch

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Sun Oct 31 22:18:02 PST 2004

Mike Tancsa wrote:

> Could someone let me know of the fix in
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/72935
>
> is indeed correct ?

it is a bit of a shotgun aproach..
you are making tty stop BIO interrupts but
what about BIO stuff stopping tty interrupts?

it is a hack but it is  a hack with a history..
the same thing was done for having ppp and such. teh tty and net masks were
unified if (from memory) ppp or slip are in the kernel.

Doesn't help however for removable devices..(The interrupt masks may change as
new devices are added.)

what about actually doing an spltty() followed by an splbio() if some flag is set?