kern/63837: [patch] USB: hid_is_collection() only looks for the first item

Nicola Vitale nivit at email.it
Wed Nov 17 10:20:31 PST 2004

The following reply was made to PR kern/63837; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: nivit at email.it (Nicola Vitale)
To: John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/63837: [patch] USB: hid_is_collection() only looks for the first item
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:11:10 +0100

 Hello,

 > [John Baldwin, 2004-11-17T09:59:20-05::00]
 > So, I think that the first part of the patch (setting h.report_ID to zero) is
 > not needed.  Basically, AFAICT, the effect of the patch is that
 > hid_report_size() will now return the ID of the first device of a given kind
 > rather than the last such device.

 I'm agree with you. But I can't understand how this patch to hid_report_size()
 can magically eliminate the bug in hid_is_collection(), which this PR originally
 referred to.
 The function hid_is_collection() never calls hid_report_size()
 directly or indirectly.

 Thanks, ciao.
 --
 Nicola S. Vitale