FAST Interrupt patch for usb

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Nov 15 23:02:30 PST 2004

Warner, for the sake of others reading the archives and myself, can you
please give us all a quick summary of what the diff is between "fast" and
"soft" interrupts ?

Cheers

 - aW

	0n Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 08:39:50AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:

	Here's a patch that make the usb subsystem use fast interrupts and
	taskqueues.  The usb system already allows for soft interrupts, but
	this appears to be a little better.  I've not done a 4.x port, nor
	even bothered with supporting it.  Others are welcome to tweak that
	part of things.  I've been running these patches for a couple of
	months now.  This should help people that have usb and network shared.

	Comments?

	Warner