my usb plans

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Nov 7 11:53:47 PST 2004

In message: <418C12CF.1020306 at elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> writes:
:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: >In message: <20041105232734.GA11231 at odin.ac.hmc.edu>
: >            Brooks Davis <brooks at one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
: >: On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 04:18:49PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: >: > That does bring up a good point: How are we going to manage the compat
: >: > stuff moving forward?
: >:
: >: My opinion shouldn't carry much weight in this discussion since I
: >: haven't written any significant code in this area, but the compat code
: >: has confused the heck out of me every time I tried to read through the
: >: USB code.  Given the problems we've seen with USB over the last several
: >: years, I don't think the compat code has been the win we hoped it would
: >: be.
: >
: >I hate the compat layer.  I'd love to see it go.  I'd even be open for
: >a better compat layer, but what we have now is painful!
: >
: What stuff is in that layer?
: maybe we can get the others to use our stuff :-)

usb_port.h.  It is a collection of ugly hacks :-(

Warner