Netgraph/mpd over USB modem problems

Vicknesan AYADURAI vicknesan at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 3 06:52:11 PST 2004

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the links, which helped show a way to fix this:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2004-April/006379.html

indicated that there's a problem with the ucomstop function in
/sys/dev/usb/ucom.c which hardware-disables the receiver. I had
earlier also observed that the communication would 'break down' soon
after a call to ucomstop, but hadn't realised that it was actually the
_cause_ of the problem.

I've worked around this by #ifdef'ing contents of the ucomstop
function so it doesn't do anything useful (harmful?), and the problem
seems to have gone away.

I'll do more testing now to see if this introduces any other problems,
but so far, it looks good.

Thanks for the help,
vick