USB vendore designations..

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Thu Dec 30 10:55:50 PST 2004

M. Warner Losh wrote:

>This isn't true.  Julian committed a huge diff, it failed, he backed
>it out.  I've committed parts of the non conflicting stuff, and will
>continue to do so cautiously.

Actually that's not quite true.. I made two commits..
one , very small that added items from Dragonfly that were not in
freeBSD already.
That one was ok.
the large one that I reverted was stuff from NetBSD.
Dragonfly actually committed it and fixed it.

>: As NetBSD is somewhat more state-of-the-art here, the majority of
>: catching-up needs to happen in D/FBSD.  And OpenBSD.
>
>Actually, that's not entirely true either.  FreeBSD had a boatload of
>vendors not in NetBSD, and there's general agreement that the OpenBSD
>shortness of names is a good thing.

yes, in looking at the merge,  there are more new IDs going from FreeBSD
-> netBSD than visa versa.