USB vendore designations..

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Dec 29 09:21:47 PST 2004

In message: <41CBF07C.3040108 at augustsson.net>
            Lennart Augustsson <lennart at augustsson.net> writes:
[[ NetBSD uses the form Foo and FreeBSD uses Foo Inc or Foo Electric ]]
: I would nnot consider the expanded definitions as
: progress.  I would not apply the patch.  I'm of the
: old school that thinks that even a few kB are worth
: saving. :)

I agree.  In fact, I'm in the process of merging together the FreeBSD
and NetBSD usbdevs and one of the things I'm doing is removing the
extranious Inc, Electric, Technologies, etc where FreeBSD and NetBSD
conflict.

In fact, I've thought about doing the same thing to the NetBSD file
where it is inconsistant, but so far haven't asked if that's OK.  I'd
also thought about merging the FreeBSD vendor/devices into NetBSD,
but that's a lot of extra bytes into the table...

Warner