USB vendore designations..

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Dec 25 19:32:34 PST 2004

In message: <41CCFB49.707 at elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <41CB38A7.5020700 at vicor.com>
: >             Julian Elischer <julian at vicor.com> writes:
: > : Lennart, Matt, Barry, USB hackers,
: > :
: > : On FreeBSD we have added vendor descriptiosn fo teh form
: > : XYZ electrical corp.
: > :
: > : where on NetBSD the same ID may be described as "XYZ"
: > :
: > : Is there a reason to go one way or the other?
: > : I'd rather not be different for no reason, but I'm loath to
: > : just discard information.
: > :
: > : thoughts?
: >
: > Doesn't matter in FreeBSD because we don't use the vendor strings the
: > way that NetBSD does.  We don't[*] create large tables of them, which is
: > why NetBSD reduced their length...
: >
: > Warner
: >