kern/74989: (regression) Lost USB support between 5.2.1-RELEASE and 5.3-RELEASE on K7T266 Pro2.

Julien Gabel jpeg at thilelli.net
Mon Dec 13 16:05:41 PST 2004

>> Ok. After playing with my BIOS settings, i decided to reset them all.
>> And here, i can say that i previously made a mistake: *disable* ACPI at
>> boot time _do_ the trick!
>>
>> The desktop is the machine equipped with the MSI K7T266 Pro2 motherboard.
>> Note: the BIOS firmware is up to date with the last revision available.
>>
>> The update during the RELENG_5 branch seems to be at the origin of the
>> USB support problem on this motherboard.

> have you also disabled "legacy USB support"?

I try this parameter as well. Here is what i get:
USB Legacy Support   |   ACPI enable   |    ACPI disable
"disable"            |   USB ko :(     |    USB ko :(
"all device"         |   USB ko :(     |    USB ok

> so, in your estimation is the problem in the ACPI code or the USB code?

Sorry, i don't really know. I said it must be ACPI since it worked in a
past release with ACPI enable, however it may be a problem in the USB
code.

I will try to submit debugging information on ACPI as pointed out by
Anish. Are they any other tests i can do in order to know what this
problem might be?

--
-jpeg.