kern/74989: (regression) Lost USB support between 5.2.1-RELEASE and 5.3-RELEASE on K7T266 Pro2.

Julien Gabel jpeg at thilelli.net
Mon Dec 13 15:19:42 PST 2004

> To answer to Anish who asked me "What happens when you boot w/ without
> ACPI enabled?": i can say that i already try this without much success.
> I also try to _play_ with my BIOS settings... no luck here too.

Ok. After playing with my BIOS settings, i decided to reset them all.
And here, i can say that i previously made a mistake: *disable* ACPI at
boot time _do_ the trick!

So, i ended with these two systems:
  - notebook: FreeBSD 5.2.1 + ACPI enable  => USB ok
  - notebook: FreeBSD 5.3   + ACPI disable => USB ok

  - desktop:  FreeBSD 5.2.1 + ACPI enable  => USB ko :(
  - desktop:  FreeBSD 5.3   + ACPI disable => USB ok

The desktop is the machine equipped with the MSI K7T266 Pro2 motherboard.
Note: the BIOS firmware is up to date with the last revision available.

The update during the RELENG_5 branch seems to be at the origin of the
USB support problem on this motherboard.

--
-jpeg.
PS: Sorry Anish for the mistake in the first place.