USB OHCI problems...

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Sat Dec 11 22:17:11 PST 2004

Barry Bouwsma wrote:
> Julian Elischer asked of me...
>

>>>my present 4.x USB stack comes from -current as it is.  Many thanks!
>

>>I'm intrigued..
>

> with good reason, i may add
>

>>why do you have a 4.x system with a 5.x USB stack?
>

> Hysterical raisins, mostly, if you ask me.
>
> Some many months back, Ian Dowse announced his P4 work as a patchset
> to -current, which sounded like it addressed many of the USB problems
> I had been experiencing.
>
> So, I took that and merged it as best I could with my system, borrowing
> from -current when needed.
>
> Sometime around this time, you also did work to bring the 4.x USB
> code more in line with current.
>
> Since your mega-merge, I've seen a few commits to -current USB while
> 4.x code has gone mostly untouched.  As I discover more problems
> (mostly OHCI-related), I figure the best thing is for me to try out
> the latest code, as due to my mostly-offline status, I can only
> make large incremental updates, that are not so easy to keep track
> of -- then I can see if the problem is solved there.

I'm a bit short of time.. but it would be more productive to get the
changes in 4.x than to have you running your own stack :-/

Pitty I didn't have time to look at this a month or so ago..
teh 4.11 release is too close. I will however keep working on RELENG_4
even after 4.11
there may even be a 4.12. it also allows people to get good code from CVS even
without a release.

> Also, FWIW, it appears that my ehci.c that I compiled was taken
> directly from NetBSD, as I had still experienced data-toggle
> problems with all FBSD source of that time, while they were less
> frequent (though occasionally present) with NetBSD.

should be fixed now however