gdb in CURRENT cannot debug userland cores, when is kernel lldb coming?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 7 19:27:17 UTC 2014

Ed,

Can we enable WITH_LLDB=yes by default in
CURRENT only?  It took me a while to figure out that I needed
to build/install lldb to debug some of my coredumps in CURRENT.

I realize that things are in motion with respect to the toolchain,
but it is annoying that in CURRENT, we have a debugger in the base system
that cannot
debug userland cores properly.  I realize that things are in motion with
respect to the
toolchain, but this will help.

I really hope that the Summer of Code project to implement kernel debugging
support
for lldb reaches completion and we can finally remove our ancient gdb from
base (at least in CURRENT).

Thanks.
--
Craig