[Differential] [Request, 11 lines] D1341: Set up default shstrtab entries at initialization

emaste (Ed Maste) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 19 15:31:54 UTC 2014

emaste created this revision.
emaste added a subscriber: freebsd-toolchain.

REVISION SUMMARY
  If we use -R to remove all sections we still need a .shstrtab (which will itself be the only section entry). Do not wait until the addition of the first non-default entry to create the default ones.

  Elftoolchain ticket 463
  https://sourceforge.net/p/elftoolchain/tickets/463/

TEST PLAN
  ```
  touch empty.s
  make empty.o
  strip -o empty-stripped.o -R .text -R .data -R .bss -R .ARM.attributes -R .reginfo -R .gnu.attributes -R .MIPS.abiflags -R .pdr -R .xtensa.info empty.o
  readelf -S empty.o
  ```

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1341