DragonFly added support for ELF preinit, init, and fini arrays

John Marino draco at marino.st
Thu Feb 16 21:28:04 UTC 2012

On 2/16/2012 21:27, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 05:51:21PM +0100, John Marino wrote:
>> One obvious case for the immediate use is the building of gold linker in
>> binutils 2.22.  By default, it moves constructors into the init array,
>> so gold will segfault if it was linked with itself.  (The workaround is
>> to patch option.h file to change the ctors-in-init-array to false before
>> building gold so it has the same behavior as gnu ld).
> Linking gold with gold is quite a work to setup a test case.
> Could you provide me with isolated test cases like you did for the
> exception handling ?

Yes, I have several isolated tests that I pulled out of the glibc test
framework.  I can also pull small tests out of the ld testsuite as well
as the gold testsuite.  I'm on a business trip at the moment with a big
deliverable tomorrow, so I wouldn't be able to really get to it until
Saturday at the earliest.

Regards,
John