[rfc] a few kern.mk and bsd.sys.mk related changes

Alexander Best arundel at freebsd.org
Fri May 27 18:29:06 UTC 2011

On Fri May 27 11, Alexander Best wrote:
> On Fri May 27 11, Warner Losh wrote:
> > These look generally good.  Just one thing I had a question on:
> >
> >  #
> > +# Enable FreeBSD kernel-specific printf format specifiers. Also instruct gcc to
> > +# enable some diagnostics, which make it easier to pinpoint tinderbox failures.
> > +CFLAGS+=	-fformat-extensions -fdiagnostics-show-option
> > +
> >
> > Does this put sand in the gears of clang support?

i've improved the above comment so as to note that clang won't be affected by
-fdiagnostics-show-option. the new patch is available here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~arundel/patches/kern.mk-bsy.sys.mk.patch

another "issue" i've come across is the fact that on amd64, -O2 is always being
set, no matter, if debugging is enabled or disabled. i think amd64 should also
(just like all the other archs) be using -O, when debugging was enabled.

changing this is quite easy. so if people think this is something worth
changing i can integrate it into my existing patch.

cheers.
alex

--
a13x