PathDB (non GPL/GNU debugger) ported to FreeBSD !

Pedro F. Giffuni giffunip at tutopia.com
Wed May 18 20:04:27 UTC 2011

Hello...

I caught this email on another list but it's directly
relevant to to us and as I've seen so many complaints
about the (lame) state of our GNU debugger, I am sure
there is sufficient interest.

Please test and submit feedback to cbergstrom@ as
requested in his email.

(FWIW, I suggested that Dtrace support would be
awesome).
________
From: Christopher Bergström <cbergstrom AT NOSPAM pathscale DOT com>

PathDB (debugger) has been ported to FreeBSD.

We recently finished some heavy refactoring and now focusing on
improving performance, *robustness*, scalability (clusters/multicore
systems), DWARF4, OS portability and supported targets.  PathDB has a
library based design with a cli interface doing direct function calls.
Using C-bindings it should be fairly trivial to extend or add a new
front-end in python or other scripting language.

Source
git clone git://github.com/path64/debugger.git

Current status (heavy development - expect bugs)
GDB test suite results as of today (A lot of timeouts and at
a glance it seems like a lot of trivial CLI stuff)
FAIL: 747
PASS: 477

Log : https://gist.github.com/b44f708cc2242091bc20
---
Man page - http://www.pathscale.com/docs/pathdb.html
User guide (Needs to be updated) -
http://www.pathscale.com/docs/PathDB_UserGuide.pdf

We'd love feedback and more testers.

Bug reports can be sent to me (cbergstrom) directly or
feel free to say hi on irc

#pathscale - irc.freenode.net