ARM issue with old binutils

Damjan Marion damjan.marion at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:30:40 UTC 2011

On Jun 22, 2011, at 5:39 PM, Warner Losh wrote:

> I'd be inclined to include a small patch to FreeBSD's binutils to implement this.  You might be able to snag it from a newer version of binutils if you can track down the author of that code and ask if you can include it in a GPLv2 version of binutils.

I just realized that apple is developing own assembler which is actually based on very old binutils 1.38 from 1988.
It is licensed under GPLv2. I can see some arm related stuff there which I miss in our assembler.

http://opensource.apple.com/tarballs/cctools/

Can we use parts from Apple AS and merge it with our binutils?

Damjan