Adding additional llvm/clang goodies (was: Re: llvm-ia64 is off the ground...)

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 16 21:40:13 UTC 2011

On 2011-06-10 17:38, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> Unfortunately, the FreeBSD build doesn't give me goodies like
> llc or bugpoint so there may be value in adding that to the
> FreeBSD build as optional or developer-only build targets...

Here is a diff to do just that, when you define WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS in
src.conf, in the environment, or on the make command line.  In
particular, it will build and install the following extras:

* bugpoint
* llc
* lli
* llvm-ar
* llvm-as
* llvm-bcanalyzer
* llvm-diff
* llvm-dis
* llvm-extract
* llvm-ld
* llvm-link
* llvm-mc
* llvm-nm
* llvm-objdump
* llvm-prof
* llvm-ranlib
* llvm-rtdyld
* llvm-stub
* macho-dump
* opt

Obviously, the default setting is to *not* build any of these, since
they add some build time: I also had to add a few new llvm libraries for
them, and some additional .cpp files into the existing llvm libraries.

If you have some feedback about this diff, please let me know ASAP,
because I would like to get it in before the 9.0 code slush.

Cheers,
Dimitry