-fno-math-errno by default

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Feb 6 19:40:44 UTC 2011

Pedro kindly made me aware of

  http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=181538

where David made -fno-math-errno the default for GCC with the following
background:

  Our libm doesn't support the SysV mistake of setting errno, and never
  has.  This will need to be fixed upstream in a more generic way, but
  the changes are somewhat more involved.

Do I understand correctly that libm on all versions of FreeBSD and on
all platforms does not set errno, so this should become the default for
FreeBSD also upstream?

It would have been nice to report this upstream (and apologies if you
did and it got missed) and I'll try to raise it there, but wanted to
get confirmation first.

Thanks,
Gerald @FreeBSD.org