libcompiler_rt now part of FreeBSD's base system

Roman Divacky rdivacky at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 11 19:44:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 04:52:43PM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just committed libcompiler_rt.a to HEAD. Even though I don't expect
> serious issues -- especially not on the tier 1 architectures -- be sure
> to contact me in case something goes wrong. I hooked it up to the build
> in a separate commit, so if your system starts to act weird, just revert
> r215127.

great! can you share some more info about:

 -    what is the plan for the unwinder etc? I know there's something
      from apple (not opensourced yet?) and others (tm) (not announced
      publicly yet I think)

 -    how often(ever?) do you plan to update? while there's not much
      going on in compiler-rt repo it's not dead

 -    do you plan to tackle libc++ now? :-P

roman