ISA support added to oltr driver

David S. Madole david at madole.net
Tue Nov 25 13:44:26 PST 2003

> I installed David's files and applied the patch.  I
> recompiled and installed a new kernel.  The card was
> still not detected.  My kernel contains the following
> two lines:
>
> device          oltr
> pseudo-device   token

Looks good to me. Are you sure your card is setup for plug and play mode?
You might want to download the Olicom setup disk and check if you're not
sure. If it's not, then you can either enable it, or specifically give the
various I/O parameters on the "device oltr" line so the driver can find
the card.

> I think the driver should be in /modules, but I don't
> see it there.  It would be if_oltr.ko right?

No, the driver does not compile a loadable module. It will be embedded in
the kernel itself.

I have actually modified it since to generate a loadable module, but
there's still more work to do on that version so I haven't posted it yet.

David