ping

Jack Ferris jhferris3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:34:56 UTC 2012

Matthew Schnall and I attempted to start porting it over in the fall 2010
semester, and I think we got as far as setting up a build target with a
semblance of proper linker scripts and we were able to turn on virtual
memory *just* enough to not fall over. I was under the impression that our
work got tarred up and sent to tilera or something (We've both since
graduated).

To be perfectly honest, neither of us had any particular experience with
kernel build systems or the tilera architecture, so I'm sure someone who
had better knowledge of either could probably replicate our work in a
couple of days time. In any case, looping in Dave to figure out where the
code may have gotten to/if any other students picked up the work.

-Jack