Segfault from libthr.so.

Guillaume Friloux guillaume at friloux.me
Fri Sep 26 19:37:49 UTC 2014

On 14/09/26, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> So, what is the problem, from your PoV ?
> Linking libssp after libthr causes libssp constructors run before
> libthr initialization, which causes the behaviour you see. The libssp
> uses something which is interposed by libthr, but still not ready at
> the libssp init time. Your example of linking with different order
> demostrates you the right way to treat libthr.
>
> So again, what is the problem ?

Hello, to me this behavior did not look normal.
I did not look at the code of both libs, i asked for help on IRC and got sent here.

What surprised me is that i have never met this on GNU/Linux (i repeat, i am new to BSD).
Isn't there a way to sanitize this and not jump into a segfault ?

PS : I might just have been trolled by an IRC guy.