threads/180652: compat32 problem in clock_getcpuclockid2

Petr Salinger Petr.Salinger at seznam.cz
Sat Jul 20 16:50:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR threads/180652; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger at seznam.cz>
To: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: threads/180652: compat32 problem in clock_getcpuclockid2
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 18:46:58 +0200 (CEST)

 >> It looks like the only remaining missing part of compat32 interfaces
 >> (covered by our eglibc testsuite) is ktimer_*() family, used for
 >> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/timer_gettime.html
 >
 > Try this.

 The sizeof(struct sigevent) used in

    int ktimer_create(clockid_t clock_id, struct sigevent *evp, int *timerid);

 is not the same in 32-bit and 64-bit arch. I doubt it will work correctly.

 > Could you provide me with the isolated test case for timer_*
 > functions ?

 They can be derived from

 http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=blob_plain;f=nptl/sysdeps/pthread/tst-timer.c;hb=HEAD

 and tst-timer[2-5].c from