thread impersonation

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Sun Sep 18 03:10:47 UTC 2011

On 9/17/11 11:51 AM, Gonzalo wrote:
> So, as a imagined, is not possible a thread impersonation on FreeBSD?
>
> 2011/9/17 Tijl Coosemans<tijl at coosemans.org>
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve, and why.
each thread DOES have its own credentials but the kernel/unix spec
defines them to all be the same user..
It MIGHT be possible for a thread spawned before a seteuid() to keep
some of the credentials of the prior  ID
but I haven't looked.. Nor do I know how that would be used..  usually
UID tests are made on the PROCESS
credentials and not the thread credentials (which exist for other
reasons).