Co-opting signals

Girish Hilage girish_hilage at persistent.co.in
Mon Oct 8 23:50:52 PDT 2007

Thanks Kip.
My application is using pthread_kill() to send SIGUSR1 to child threads.
I am using 4.x and I want to make sure if SIGUSR1 is not being co-opted.
Or for a complete information what all signals are being co-opted and
how should I find out from libc_r source that it's not being co-opted? I
grep'ed for SIGUSR1 in libc_r source code and did not find it being used
anywhere so I came to the conclusion that it's not being co-opted. Is
greping through the source code enough to determine that the signal is
not being used?