SIGINFO and pthreads

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Jun 7 18:34:57 PDT 2006

Hello!

I have a program, which updates the user with its status upon receiving a
SIGINFO (like dump, cp, dd, and fsck do). The exact same handler is installed
for SIGUSR1 (TclX does not know about SIGINFO and I needed to a Tcl script to
interact with the program too).

When I made the program multi-threaded, it stopped reacting to the SIGINFO. It
still reacts to the SIGUSR1, but completele ignores SIGINFO now...

If I disable the multi-threading, SIGINFO is processed again...

What's special about SIGINFO and pthreads? Thanks!

	-mi