threads/98256: gnome-system-monitor core dumps from pthread_testcancel

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Thu Jun 1 06:26:14 PDT 2006

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Robert Jenssen wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR threads/98256; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Robert Jenssen <robertjenssen at ozemail.com.au>
> To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, robertjenssen at ozemail.com.au
> Subject: Re: threads/98256: gnome-system-monitor core dumps from
> 	pthread_testcancel
> Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:23:20 +1000
>
> On receiving the e-mail confirming my bug-report I followed the link and
> soon found the other pr's for threads. (Sorry, I'm a newbie). As per
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=97577 I mapped
> libpthread.so.2 to libc_r.so.6 in /etc/libmap.conf. For what it's worth,
> gnome-system-monitor has so far survived much longer than previously. I
> guess 98256 should be marked as a duplicate of 97577.

The stack trace is meaningless.  I doubt it is a problem in
libpthread and libthr.  You should try one of the gnome lists
to see if anyone else with a clean 6.1 install has the problem.

Also, a portupgrade -a will not always work when coming from
FreeBSD 5.X packages.  Only a portupgrade -af will work if
you have packages which are still using libc_r.

--
DE