Strawman proposal: making libthr default thread implementation?

David Xu davidxu at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 4 14:05:17 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 21:08, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> The question was what does libthr lack.  The answer is priority
> inheritence & protect mutexes, and also SCHED_FIFO, SCHED_RR, and
> (in the future) SCHED_SPORADIC scheduling.  That is what I stated
> earlier in this thread.

As other people said, we need performance,  these features, as you
said, in the future, but I don't think it is more important than performance
problem. you have to answer people what they should do when they bought
two cpus but works like they only have one, as the major author of libpthread,
in the past, you decided to keep silent, ignoring such requirement.
also, the signal queue may not work reliably with libpthread, this
nightmare appears again.