Floating point exceptions with -pthread

Marc Olzheim marcolz at stack.nl
Wed May 4 12:03:07 PDT 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 08:31:32PM +0200, Marc Olzheim wrote:
> It seems to me like something about the floorf() assembly might have
> something to do with it.

One of the reasons I think it has to do with specific functions, is that
we've got one system that runs heavily threaded floating point heavy
code (a search engine ranker) and that hasn't had this problem in the
past seven days. The database builder is the only piece of software
giving us trouble, which happens the only software we have that uses
floorf().

So after some testing, I could remove all code but the floorf() and
still get the exception, but without it, I'm until now unsuccesful.

Marc