Mono's XSP crashes on browser connection

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Thu Mar 3 15:15:49 GMT 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:32:41PM +0800, David Xu wrote:
> whether _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED is defined or not in
> source code,  but he failed to respect this macro at many places, so the
> macro is rather bogus.

Side note:

Keep in mind, that according to the POSIX/Single Unix Specification
standards, if a _POSIX_* macro is defined, but
is -1, that means that the feature is unsupported.
( See: http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/unistd.h.html ).

We define a lot of POSIX macros like this in <unistd.h>.

The convention on Linux's glibc is to only define a _POSIX
macro if the feature is supported.  Consequently, a lot of
software written on Linux which assumes this convention will break
on FreeBSD.

The Linux glibc convention is IMHO more intuitive,
but FreeBSD is more "standards" conformant.

So the Mono code is not entirely doing the right thing
with respect to checking _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED....but
you mention that the Mono code isn't even consistent in checking this
macro.  Bleh. :)

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc at crodrigues.org