Mono's XSP crashes on browser connection

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Mar 3 07:35:39 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 15:16 +0800, David Xu wrote:
> Tom McLaughlin wrote:
>
> >Disabling garbage collection in Mono prevents the crash but after
> >executing the external process the C# program does not continue on, it
> >just sits there.  So that isn't a viable option for regular use.
> >

> Can you give me example code (executing external program) ?  I don't know C#
> but want to try.

Here you go.  The second one yields a slightly different error but it
more closely matches the code in the program where I first tracked down
this bug.

when using gdb with these examples do one of the following:

$ gdb /usr/local/bin/mono mono.core
-or-
$ gdb /usr/local/bin/mono
(gdb) run /path/to/foo.exe

simple example:
---------------
using System.Diagnostics;

class T
{
    static void Main()
    {
        Process.Start ("ls");
    }
}
---------------

Second example:
---------------
using System.Diagnostics;

class T
{
    static void Main()
    {
        ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo ();
        pi.FileName = "ls";
        pi.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
        pi.UseShellExecute = false;
        pi.Arguments = "-al";
        Process.Start (pi);
    }
}

Thanks for taking a look at this.  This bug is making creating ports a
pain.  The mcs compiler uses this when called with the /pkg flag.  It's
also keeping XSP and MonoDevelop out of the ports tree.  Those are two
of the programs I see most requested.

Tom

--

BSD# Project - Porting Mono to FreeBSD