Bug with pthread_getspecific() and signals

Archie Cobbs archie at dellroad.org
Fri Apr 15 08:00:05 PDT 2005

On FreeBSD 4.9 I'm seeing a bug where pthread_getspecific() sometimes
returns the wrong value when invoked from within a signal handler.

ISTR this bug was fixed in a later version of FreeBSD. However, I can't
seem to find any reference to the bug, any information about when
it was fixed, etc. (FreeBSD's mailing list search ability doesn't
help much).

If anyone knows any more details about this bug I'd appreciate knowing
any more details.

Thanks,
-Archie